Girl Scout Cookies
Dexter Girl Scouts
Holiday Bazaar 2015
In The News
Girl Scout Troop 48130
Contact Our Troop
50 Good Reasons For Becoming a Girl Scout Leader
Curious about becoming an adult Girl Scout volunteer? Let us persuade you with "50 Good Reasons For Becoming a Girl Scout Leader".
As a Girl Scout Leader you will......
1. Stay young by serving the young.
2. Share fun times with your daughter.
3. Meet other great leaders.
4. Make and eat s'mores.
5. Expand your own skills and talents.
6. Create memories.
7. Promote positive values in youth.
8. March in parades.
9. Get to know your daughter's friends.
10. Encourage girls to "Be Their Best."
11. Get lots of help.
12. Make a difference in others.
13. Dabble in a wide variety of subjects.
14. Sleep in museums.
15. Develop positive self esteem in girls and women.
16. Extend the sisterhood of Girl Scouting to all girls.
17. Grow by trying new things.
18. Make new friends.
19. Go horseback riding.
20. Help girls become well-rounded individuals.
21. Model leadership and initiative.
22. Get to know your daughter's friends' parents
23. Make a contribution to your community.
24. Improve your resume.
25. Go beyond your own limitations.
26. Build wonderful memories.
27. Learn about other cultures.
28. Offer girls a haven away from the stress' and demands of every day life.
29. Try new things and go new places at a discount.
30. Network with other adults with similar interests.
31. Guide girls into adulthood in a positive manner.
32. Learn new skills.
33. Live life to the fullest.
34. Become known in your school as an active parent.
35. Experience the joy of a child's admiration.
36. Let your daughter see you in a new light.
37. Brush up on your organizational skills.
38. Teach girls life skills such as goal setting and budgeting.
39. Never miss out on girl scout cookies.
40. Enjoy the adventure of seeing a girl try something new.
41. Get to know your daughter's better.
42. Teach girls good values that will stay with them the rest of their lives.
43. Contribute to the well being of the girls in your neighborhood.
44. Sing around a campfire.
45. Give back to scouting what was given to you as a girl/boy scout.
46. Offer opportunities to the girls that they might not otherwise have.
47. Help girls become self sufficient.
48. Explore and encourage diversity in your community.
49. Make an impact on other's lives.
50. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you or your child are interested in joining Dexter Girl Scouts,
or if you would like more information, please contact us at
or call (800) 49-SCOUTS • (800) 497-2688
© Copyright 2011 ScoutLander LLC, All Rights Reserved.
ScoutLander.com is not officially associated with or endorsed by the Boy Scouts of America.
Help us improve ScoutLander.
Send us feedback.
Terms of Service